Get To Know Your Staff - Week #6 | Jack (JackPlays93)

Welcome to Pixel Punchers!
Welcome to Pixel Punchers, the home of SeaPeeKay! Sign up on our forums to unlock all content and interact with the players of our server community. Click on the "Register" button below to get started.
Register

JackPlays93

Senior Moderator
Mentor Team
Jan 5, 2020
So here we are, it's time to get to know the staff members that serve you oh so loyally! Essentially this thread is for you, the players, and staff, to submit questions that you would like to know about the staff members of PixelPunchers. So if you are curious about the staff members and would like to know something about them, ask your question below and I shall interview them on your behalf.

There will be a different staff member featured each week until I run out of staff members to interview. Please read the information below before asking any questions;

Where do I submit my question?
You must submit your question here on this thread, or you can message me on Discord with your question.

What questions can I ask?
You may ask any question you like, but please ensure that any question(s) you do ask follow all PixelPunchers rules, that includes ingame rules and forum rules. I will not be accepting any questions that relate to player punishments, or personal information about a staff member.

Can I ask more than one question?
Yes, you may ask as many questions as you like. Although repeated questions will be merged into one to save the staff member being interviewed from answering the same question more than once.

How often will a staff member be interviewed?
I am hoping to interview a new staff member every week, it could be sooner or longer, it all depends on how many questions are submitted.

Please Note** This is not an original idea of mine, I took it from somewhere else, so all credit goes to MamaDuckie for this idea.

Week #6 - Jack (JackPlays93)

For week six, we have JackPlays93, AKA Jack. Below you will find his answers to the questions that were submitted by the members of PixelPunchers. Don't forget to submit more questions for next week!

1. How did you come up with your ingame name?
Well, I've had a multitude of usernames over the last 10 years, but with regards to my current username, it was actually because I intended on creating Minecraft related content for Youtube, and I wanted a nice simple name to go with my Youtube channel and I felt that JackPlays was a nice and simple username, however that was taken. Instead I added a 93 on the end of it, as that was the year I was born.

2. What made you want to become a staff member?
I like helping people in games. Any game I've ever played, even if it's just casually, I find it rewarding to help people when I can, and because I was already helping players on PixelPunchers before I was a staff member, I thought I could be more helpful if I were a staff member, and it seemed to work because now I help countless players every day on the network. Sometimes it does get a little overwhelming when you have 4 or 5 people all needing help at the same time, but you just gotta put the players in a queue and get to them when you can.

3. What is your favourite memory?
It's hard to say really, I've had a lot of fun memories in my life so far. One that does stick out in my mind was when my friend was staying in her brother's flat while he living in England, and I would always go up to her flat every Saturday night, we would order a takeaway and play Call of Duty and listen to music and just chill out. Well this one night we decided to play charades with each other, hers was Cinderella, and sure wasn't she waving her arms about trying to pretend to be a clock hitting the stroke of midnight, and then she was started running in a circle and threw her shoe off behind her. I was cracking up at her so much, I couldn't breathe for laughing so hard. I found it even funnier when she told me afterwards that it was Cinderella. To this day I still take the mick out of her for doing those actions.

4. What is something on your bucket list?
I've always said that since I was a kid that I would love to swim with sharks, although I think I would actually be too scared to do that in case they think "hmm... dinner", so instead I will settle for seeing the Northern Lights.

5. How did you react when you found out you were accepted as a staff member?
Well, it was actually spoiled for me as someone told me ahead of time haha, although even though I knew the PM was coming from Jesse, I was still very excited when I did get the PM. The excitement wore off pretty quickly though, but it wasn't until I actually got my rank and everyone was congratulating me that I was over the moon about it because I was now officially a staff member.

6. How are you feeling right now?
A little tired, kinda hungry, but overall amazing.

7. What song are you obsessed with at the moment?
A Book is Not the Cover from Mary Poppins Returns. Cannot stop listening to it lol.

8. How did you find out about this server?
I seen a video SeaPeeKay had uploaded about a Minecraft server he had, I'd no idea such a thing even existed, and because at the time he was a newer Youtuber that I started watching, I thought maybe he would be on the server and I could get a screenshot, so I logged on, not many people about, but there were a few - no Callum though. I've been here since day 1 of Pixel Punchers and I'm still here 4 months in.

9. What is your favourite gamemode to play on PixelPunchers, and why?
Survival. It's kind of hard to explain why, but I will try. Back in my early days on Minecraft I would play survival all the time until I found out about creative mode, so I started playing in creative mode and loved it, but after a while it got bored because I'm not the best at building so there was no real objective for me in that gamemode. Afterwards I tried out other gamemodes such as factions, skyblock, prison etc, but they never really appealed to me that much so I stopped playing Minecraft for a while. I did try finding some servers in that time that I liked so I could play survival as I missed Minecraft and didn't want to play single player, but I could never find a server I liked, until now. So that's why I've stuck with survival, it's so far my favourite gamemode to play as I am just bored of the others.

10. Who are a few of your favourite Youtubers you like to watch, and why?
Although I am subscribed to a lot of people, I don't watch them all, but these are the ones I will always watch without hesitation; Jeffree Star, David Dobrik, Shane Dawson, Ryland Adams and Morgan Adams. I can't think of anyone else I would watch religiously.

11. Tell us about an embarrassing moment you have had before?
I'm honestly trying to think of something really embarrassing that's happened to me before, but it hasn't. I don't get that embarrassed so it's hard to think really, sorry.

12. If you had 1 million dollars, what would you spend it on?
Honestly, myself. I mean yeah I'd help out some friends and family, but the majority of it is going on me. The only thing I would really want to spend it on would be a nice house with a lot of smart tech in it, and some KFC. I'd be happy enough with that.

13. For what in your life do you feel most grateful for?
Myself. I don't care if that sounds selfish, but it's true. I am who I am today because of myself.

14. If you could have lunch with one person, alive or dead, who would it be any why?
Well for me I'd love someone who I can have cocktails at brunch with, so Lily Allen.

15. What would your perfect day be like?
Having a nice lie in bed, waking up without an alarm feeling fresh and energised for the day. Lay in bed for a bit and play some Minecraft. Open all the windows in the house and feel the warm summer breeze fill the house with fresh air. Go shower and get ready for a night of partying.

16. Do you think your career as a staff member on PixelPunchers will advance?
Back when I initially planned on writing my own interview, I was still a Mod, and at the time I did think I would one day become a SrMod, although I didn't think it would be this soon, so as far as getting another promotion any time soon, I don't think that will happen. I do think I can continue working my way up the ladder here at Pixel Punchers, although usually the way positions work is that the higher the position, the longer you are in it, so I am not expecting a promotion any time soon, like I said. Although that's not to say that I will be promoted, who knows, I might end up getting demoted or resign lol. I ain't no Raven, I can't see the future.

17. If you could change anything in your life, what would it be?

My lack of motivation. If I start something I have to finish it because if I stop I'll just not want to continue on doing it lol. I started decorating my house the other week and there's still 1 wall left to be painted lol. I just couldn't be annoyed finishing off that 1 wall yet.

18. If you could change anything on PixelPunchers, what would it be?
I would love to see more content updates. I understand why updates are slow, Jesse has 5 different networks to run, but I love all updates we've received so far and it makes you crave for more fun things to do on Pixel Punchers.

I got my in game name by combining my real name: Ainsley Mae, maelee. I was surprised it was available so I snatched it right away.

I wanted to be a staff member because when I applied the server had just restarted and I wanted to help out the staff and the community more than I could just as a player. I’ve enjoyed it since.

I have a lot of favorites, but my most recent favorite memory is from the other day. My friend found a giant stick just laying in a tree—keep in mind, this was essentially a whole branch—and she stuck it in my other friends car so now they have a sort of tag game going on with an entire branch.

One thing on my bucket list is to coach a high school colorguard team once I’ve graduated from college. I plan on being a teacher so I’m sure this will be easy to achieve lol.

I remember this day really clearly lol. I was vacuuming my living room after a really bad day and I was planning on napping when I was done. Then I checked my phone and saw that I was getting texts from mods to check the forums and I was like ?? I don’t talk to these people omg?? And then I got the acceptance message and I made lemonade with a sudden burst of energy and pulled an all nighter because I was so excited I couldn’t sleep. Thinking back, losing sleep before being shoved into a staff position wasn’t the best idea lol.

Right now I’m pretty excited. While I’m writing this I’m in a crowded car on my way to Portland for a color guard competition and there’s going to be a lot of advanced teams from around this side of the continent and basically it’s going to be a lot of fun even while I’m worried about how my team will score.

I’m absolutely obsessed with Makeup Drawer from Isaac Dunbar.

My best friend since 3rd grade slyjxnia forced me to redownload Minecraft a few years ago so I could play with her on her favorite youtuber’s server, and voila, I became a part of the community.

My favorite game mode on the server is Skyblock. Partly because it was what I started playing when I joined, and partly because it’s fun to create a whole world from scratch.

I don’t watch YouTubers very religiously, but I watch Jacksepticeye and Helloxryan a lot because I get a lot of recommendations for them. Lately I’ve been addicted to the asmr painting videos though, in case anybody was wondering.
My in-game name shlebs actually came to be from a friend of mine. Almost every time I logged online she would say ‘Shlebs!’ Instead of Shelbs. I wasn’t actually planning to keep the username, but I really grew on it and I haven’t changed it in about two years I believe.

I’ve actually wanted to become a staff member for around 3 years. When I joined back in the day I was instantly hooked, the community was absolutely the sweetest and funniest bunch of people. Then over the years after helping so many players as just a member of the community I put applications in and now I finally have the chance to help out PixelPunchers on a larger scale.

My favorite memory would probably have to be when I was hanging out with a few of my irl friends and we were going mud riding late at night *I was inside the truck cause I didn’t want to get mud all over me* we were just blaring music and having a great time together, then we hit a huge hole and popped the tire. Everyone inside the truck bumped their heads and the people in the back almost fell out.

Something on my bucket list would be going to a Green Day concert. They’ve been my favorite band for 5 years now and it would be incredible to actually get the chance to see them live.

When I found out I was accepted onto the staff team I was actually laying down about to go to sleep after doing yet another all nighter. I was just heading to the forums to check and see if I finally had a message, even though I didn’t think I would yet. I saw the message and my eyes widened and I jumped up, ran all the way through the house and woke my mom up and told her I was accepted haha. I don’t think I actually slept that day from all the excitement I had.

Nothing too exciting has happened recently, but life has been pretty great. Also, as I’m writing this I’m going to be getting ice cream in an hour or so!

I obviously can’t pick just one so Santeria by Sublime, Scar Tissue by Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Robbers by The 1975.

When I first bought Minecraft I started looking around for YouTubers so I could learn a bit about the game, I found Callum after a couple other people and I scrolled through a bunch of his videos and saw the ‘Server Trolling’ series, looked around for the IP and joined.

Survival is my favorite game-mode. When I started playing Minecraft creative was where I spent all of my time, then when I found this server I wanted to test out other game-modes and saw that survival had the most players at that time. I loved how I was just able to run around freely and see all the different types of biomes and there really wasn’t much of a limit on the space you had to build.

I’m not really big into YouTube, but Shane Dawson and JackSucksAtLife are my two favorites.
so my ign was kinda a stupid joke me and Molly had. Molly for some reason was obsessed with “pennywise” jokes so she changed her ig to mollywise and then because I’m unoriginal I changed my joewiise.

This community has helped me through soooo much. Cliché, but I really wanted to give back.

My favorite memory is definitely the first iconic wedding, or the second iconic wedding

visiting Alaska

I was just shocked.

tired, work drained me today

Dua Lipa: Future Nostalgia

I truly do not remember but 2016 me probably watched a CPK video.

survival, I like the creativity involved and helpful, uplifting community on it

Joana Cedia: a legend. Simply nailogical: humor. TaylorSwiftVevo:____

11. Tell us about an embarressing moment you have had before?
During a very important AP seminar presentation I accidentally said the word “Australia” in a British accent in front of about 90 people. The presentation was on war profiteering.

Gucci, My parents, and animal rehabilitation and care centers

my friends. Losers.

14. If you could have lunch with one person, alive or dead, who would it be any why?
Taylor Swift, she seems like a fun person to have lunch with

wake up around 9, walk the dogs, get lunch, play Minecraft for about two hours, go watch the sunset with someone, dinner, sleep.
My in-game IGN is a bit of a strange yet funny story. Back when i first played Minecraft like 10 years ago, i didnt have money to buy an account so i was given my cousins account that he never used anymore. The IGN on that account used to be Qelaion. But unfortunately eventually we both forgot the login info for the account because it was under his old email & using a random password instead lol. So eventually i had to create and purchase my own account, but since the IGN Qelaion was taken from my cousins account i had to change the lettering for mine so i changed it to QEIAION. To sort of disguise the L being an I i did the full IGN in all caps haha! So that is the backstory to my username :3

Honestly in the beginning when i first joined the server (SquishyCraft at the time) i never had any intention of applying for staff. But after many months of playing on the server, i started becoming fully integrated on the server & i made a lot of friends. Those friends were constantly encouraging me to apply for staff on the server, so much that eventually i caved in & gave it a shot. I never expected anything serious to come from applying but i am really glad that i was given this opportunity!

3. What is your favorite memory?
My favorite memory on the server would have to be when i first joined SquishyCraft in 2017. I had built my very first official town on the server (which most of you know as Gallifrey) Ever since then i have recreated new Gallifrey towns 3 different Survival resets. All of them with fresh builds & ideas that kept on expanding in size. Many friendships & memories of mine were formed through those projects, but the first time was definitely my favorite! < 3

My bucket list always consists of going to music concerts to see my favorite artists/ bands. I love going to concerts and music festivals! Out of every concert i have ever attended my top favorite experience was when i had the opportunity to see Paul McCartney live in concert (co-lead vocalist and bassist from The Beatles). My second favorite music concert experience was when i got to attend the Music Midtown festival in Atlanta city of 2016 where i saw The Killers, Twenty One Pilots, Melanie Martinez, Grouplove, G-Eazy, & The Lumineers.

I was surprised at first, followed by really excited!

Aside from the migraine and the back/ shoulder pain (from sitting on the computer for countless hours gaming) haha i am overall feeling very grateful & blessed!

Songs that i have been listening to the most lately are Purity Ring Pink Lightning, Waterparks Gloom Boys, & Mayday Parade Looks Red Tastes Blue. I call those songs some of my "repeat songs" because i literally listen to so much music that ill have a new obsession with a song almost every day. When i stumble upon a repeat song i tend to have the song on repeat playing for hours, sometimes days at a time! They always get added into my playlists & ill circle back around to them another time in the future and remember how much i love those lol.

I found out about this server because i was just coming out of a transition from another server that i was playing for a couple of years religiously, but that i felt was time to move on from. I literally went to Google and typed in "best Survival Minecraft servers" and i browsed through pages just server hopping until i found this server haha. Ended up checking it out and my first impression was really positive so i elected to stay! It wasnt until i actually got accepted as a Mod that i made the vow to myself that i was staying permanently.

9. What is your favorite game mode to play on PixelPunchers, and why?
My personal favorite game mode to play on in general is Survival. Personally i prefer the overall atmosphere being generally peaceful, plus the experience and concept with being able to explore the world/ map. Not to mention that Survival was the first game mode i ever started playing when i first joined Minecraft. So by default i have a lot of nostalgia tied to that game mode too haha.

10. Who are a few of your favorite Youtubers you like to watch, and why?
Some of my favorite Youtubers to watch are Technoblade, Talking Kitty Cat, Rhett & Link, PewDiePie, Doni Bobes. I believe that i probably enjoy watching their content because its got a lot of humor involved so i always end up having a fun time watching their videos.

One of the most embarrassing moments i ever had was a time that i went to watch an MLB baseball game & i laughed so hard that i ended up spewing my drink all over the couple sitting in front of me! Looking back at the situation i feel awful about it too but the way that it all went down at the time i had no control lol. It was a burst of laughter that i didnt anticipate. Needless to say they ended up getting up and leaving the baseball game.

If i had 1 million dollars i would first pay off all of my debt. The second thing i would do is help pay off my immediate families debt as well and helping them with any financial situations ie. mortgage payments, car payments, health insurance etc. After eliminating the debt i would invest enough money to retire comfortably with. Lastly i would donate a sum of the money to some causes.

I am most grateful for having a supportive family & for being in good health.

14. If you could have lunch with one person, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
I would have to say that this was honestly the toughest question to answer for me personally just because i had like 50 people come to mind haha! But if i chose one person i think an easy answer would have to be Johnny Depp because he is one of my favorite actors & a star role in my favorite movie series (Pirates of the Caribbean).

Assuming that there are no limitations or rules to answering this question. My perfect day would probably consist of something along the lines of... Waking up in Tokyo & hitting up as many of the Sanrio Hello Kitty stores to do some shopping. Grabbing food from restaurants so that i can try the cultural foods (including grabbing a delicious Bubble Tea slush from a local cafe). Then i would love to go to London England & hit up a Dr Martens shoe store to do some more shopping there. End off the day going to a really awesome music concert of a favorite artist/ band from my bucket list!

I believe that my future on the server is promising & i will definitely advance further! I have been a member of the server since 2017 and i have also been a member of the staff team since October of 2017! I am someone that loves a great challenge, and i have thick skin so nothing really alters or shifts my goals in that i would love to continue to progress on the server & see myself advancing in the future!
Current IGN
- ‘backtoyou’, the reason my username is this right now is because a friend of mine (Art) was mentioning usernames that he wanted to use. I was like “oh! I’m taking that from you” and he was like “oh ok sure” so now my username is that and I now blame him for changing my username even though it was my choice...
Main IGN - ‘Karra’, the reason I use this is actually a fun story. I’m known as Karra in-game because of a game I used to play back in 2013 (?) called Freerealms. I saw someone with the name “QueenKarra” and I thought it was cool so I stole it and have been using Karra since. I got the username when I was in a realm with my friends, we were all messing about and one of my friends decided to check if “Karra” was going to be available, and luckily enough it was available so I took the username as soon as I could and I’m happy to have it.

I wanted to become a staff member because I love the community. I’ve been here since 2015 and I have always helped out with the server since. I never usually like admitting to any of this, but I was also pretty well-known within the community so almost everyone would come to me if they had questions if no other staff were online. Some staff members would also ask me questions when they didn’t know something, which I always felt proud of. Players would also ask if I was going to apply for staff and that I would be a good staff member. I’m proud to say that I finally applied to be staff and got accepted and being staff has been the best experience in my life. It has taught me many things whether it be good or bad. Of course there are some instances where being a staff member has its downfall, but the wonderful community makes up for it.

My favourite memory was when Leya was trying to do the worm dance in a video chat and ended up hurting herself (slammed face into a charger), we were all laughing because it was so random and funny… obviously we asked if she was okay, what type of people would we be to just laugh without asking?

I don’t really have a “bucket list” but if I were to have one, I’d specifically try and focus on wanting to become better as a person. I would also like to travel outside of the states one day, even if it were for a day. I would also like to have a decent job and a decent apartment, maybe even in a healthy relationship. The typical things :)

I actually don’t remember much of when I was accepted, I’m bad at remembering things and also it was in 2018. I just know I was very excited about being accepted as a staff member, I was able to help the community more.

Right now, I am feeling very excited. I don’t want to focus on the negative side of things, so I try to be in a good spirit most of the time. Being in a bad mood 24/7 is never a good thing and not much gets accomplished in my opinion.

There are many songs that I am obsessed with, whenever I find new songs I usually never stop listening to them until I am bored. The current song I’m obsessed with at the moment is actually “Rosktar everyday” by Halflives. I’ve never heard of this artist before, but I was browsing about in spotify and came across this song and have looped it for a few days by now.

I found out about the server through SeaPeeKay’s channel, he released a video saying he was releasing a new server. I didn’t play much during the first few days since I used to play on Yammy’s server, but then I tried Squishycraft more and I ended up enjoying the community much more.

I’m more used to the survival aspect of minecraft (obviously). I would always play survival servers even before Pixel Punchers, and I still do. I like other game modes too but I always find myself going back to survival.

I don’t really watch many youtubers but a few I watch occasionally are Jenna Marbles, Shane Dawson, Simply Nailogical, Rachel & Jun, and MANY more

Well, I’m a really clumsy person so I do a lot of clumsy people things. So one of the few things I’ve done was pour coke into the ice machine… oops. I also mess up my words a lot so if you’re ever in a voice call with me, expect me to say jumbled up sentences

I’d say the typical “donate to charity” type of thing. I would also help my mom with bills for as long as I can. I would buy stuff for myself last until I know I’ve helped as many people as I could. I would get a good PC setup, or a decent laptop. Throw in a car too and maybe a small apartment :)

I feel most grateful for my mom and everything she has done for my family. I also am very grateful for all of the wonderful friends I have met whether it be online or real life

I personally don’t know how to answer this question, I apologize

My perfect day would be a stress-free and relaxing day. No worries in the world and just vibing with friends at the park or at their house.

I hope so, I really enjoy the community and the server as a whole. I appreciate everything Callum, Thomas and Jesse have done for us.

17. If you could change anything in your life, what would it be?
I wouldn’t really change anything, but I need to change my spending habits...

18. If you could change anything on PixelPunchers, what would it be?
Honestly I love the server as it is, but having more events would always be something good for the server.

Last edited:

JackPlays93

Senior Moderator
Mentor Team
Jan 5, 2020
How did you react when you found out you were accepted as a staff member?

-Jell-

Jun 9, 2019
Do you put the answer in the thread aswell?

Q: How are you feeling right now?

JackPlays93

Senior Moderator
Mentor Team
Jan 5, 2020
Do you put the answer in the thread aswell?
Yeah, I will edit my first post with the questions and answers from the staff member, and then I'll put it as a spoiler when the next interview is done so all interviews will remain on the thread.

What song are you obsessed with at the moment?

Last edited:

-Jell-

Jun 9, 2019
Have you ever thought about leaving the staff team?
Post automatically merged:

How did you find out about this server?

Last edited:

JackPlays93

Senior Moderator
Mentor Team
Jan 5, 2020
For week one we have maelee. Questions and answers are in the first post if anyone wants to check them out! :D

JackPlays93

Senior Moderator
Mentor Team
Jan 5, 2020
I’ll repeat my question: What made you want to become a staff member?
I'm keeping all previous questions, so you can feel free to ask a new one :D
Post automatically merged:

New staff interview has been posted! This week we have Shelbs! You can also find Leya's interview from last week in the spoiler at the bottom of the post!

Last edited:

JackPlays93

Senior Moderator
Mentor Team
Jan 5, 2020
New staff interview has been posted. Go check the first post! As always you can view all previous staff interviews in the spoilers at the bottom of the post.

-Jell-

Jun 9, 2019
Do you think your ‘carrier’ as a staff member on pixel will go further? (Mainly for helpers but it works for mods and senior mods too)

JackPlays93

Senior Moderator
Mentor Team
Jan 5, 2020
Qel's interview has been posted, go check out the first post! Don't forget you can view all previous interviews in the spoilers at the bottom of the post.

Reactions: QEIAION